We encourage you to read this policy carefully. It will help you make decisions about sharing your vital information with us. This statement has been created as we recognise we must keep certain information private.
Personal Information Collection
The Sentinella is the publisher of a local magazine. We deliver numerous publications across the Axarquia region.
We use a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system for the storage of data about a particular company or individual. That data can include information about an identifiable individual, and may include information such as the individual’s name, email address, telephone number and other personal information.
We will only use your personal data if there is a lawful basis, either because we need to complete a contract with you, or because you have given your consent for us to use your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails).
Unless you have personally volunteered the information, we only collect information that is available in the public domain and the processing of this information is in the legitimate interests of both/either party. Specifically, The Sentinella may collect information directly from you when you:
Contact The Sentinella.
Enquire about or reserve advertising space or editorial.
Request to include community information.
Apply to be an employee or contractor for The Sentinella.
Visit our Website.
Are (or have been) an employee, contractor or supplier of The Sentinella.
You can choose to withhold your information to The Sentinella but it may result in us being unable to provide you with the full service or information you require.
The Use Of Your Information for Limited Purposes
The Sentinella collects your information so we can provide you with the best service and any related services that you may request or be interested in. In doing so, The Sentinella may use the information we have collected from you for the following services including:
Booking your adverts, editorials and articles.
Sending invoices, receiving or making payments
Artwork approval, reservations and relevant information.
For marketing purposes.
Complying with laws and regulations in applicable jurisdictions.
General communication with you.
Making payments to contractors, employees and suppliers.
The Sentinella will only use your information for the purposes described in this policy or with your permission.
Protecting Your Information
The Sentinella will maintain your information securely. We follow the stringent procedures to ensure that all personal data meets the requirements of The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We are committed to protecting the security of your information and we take all reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your information is stored on secure servers that have that have digital certificates to ensure all data transferred between you and the service is encrypted.
However, the Internet is not in entirety a secure environment and we cannot give an absolute assurance that your information will be risk free. Therefore, the transmission of information over the internet is at your own risk. It is therefore your responsibility to enter, or instruct the entering of, information to the service within a secure environment.
In addition, the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any information held by The Sentinella. However, The Sentinella will not be responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your information. You can also play an important role in keeping your information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on The Sentinella site.
We will advise you, at the first reasonable opportunity, of any security breach where your information might have been divulged: lost, stolen, accessed, used, disclosed, copied, modified, or disposed of by any unauthorised persons or in any unauthorised manner.
Storing of Information
By providing your information to The Sentinella, you consent to The Sentinella storing your information. Your information will be securely stored and it will always remain within The Sentinella’s effective control.
The server host’s role is limited to providing a hosting and storage service to The Sentinella. We’ve taken all the necessary steps to ensure that our server hosts don’t have access to your information and use the required level of protection for your information.
Disclosing Your Information in Limited Circumstances
The Sentinella will only disclose the information you have provided to us to entities outside the The Sentinella if it is necessary and appropriate to facilitate the purpose for which your information was collected.
The Sentinella will not disclose your information to a third party unless you have provided your express consent. However, you should be aware that The Sentinella may be required to disclose your information without your consent to comply with any court orders, or other legal process or investigation including by tax authorities, if such disclosure is required by law. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you if we are required by law to disclose your information.
The third parties who host our servers do not control and are not permitted to access or use your information except for the limited purpose of storing the information.
Accessing or Removing Your Information
It’s your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide to us is correct, complete and up-to-date. You may request access to the information, or request that we update or correct any information we hold about you, by setting out your request in writing and sending it to us at email@example.com.
The Sentinella will process your request as soon as reasonably practicable, provided we are not otherwise prevented from doing so on legal grounds. If we are unable to meet your request, we will let you know why. For example, it may be necessary for us to deny your request if it would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy or affairs of other individuals, or if it is not reasonable and practicable for us to process your request in the manner you have requested.
We’ll only keep your information for as long as we require it for the purposes of providing you with the service. However, we may also be required to keep some of your information for specified periods of time, for example laws required by financial reporting legislation.
If you wish to access or remove your information please write to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate and attempt to resolve your query within 1 calendar month as is required by law.
Opt-Out of Any Email Communications
The Sentinella sends billing information, booking information, copy deadline dates and marketing information to you via email. Our emails will contain clear instructions outlining how you can choose to be removed from any mailing list not essential to the service.
The Sentinella provides you with selected information about our services and website changes in our email marketing and newsletters. This is a free service and provides the option of opting out of receiving these by changing your preferences or unsubscribing. The Sentinella may also make you aware of additional products and services which form part of your relationship with The Sentinella.
Credit Card Details Not Stored
If you choose to pay for advertising by credit card, payments are processed by Bankias online processing and your credit card details are not stored by The Sentinella and cannot be accessed by any Sentinella employees.
Collection Of Information On www.thesentinella.com
The Sentinella collects information and data including which page/s of the site are most frequently visited. This data is always used as non-personal analytics. The Sentinella utilises this information to improve and enhance its services by monitoring the areas on the site which are most popular to visitors. This information may be shared with The Sentinella Web Development Team to provide them with an overview of how The Sentinella website visitors use the site.
The Sentinella web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered and presented in a report-based summarised format to achieve specific business objectives and cannot be traced to an individual user.
Cookies & Applets
This policy may be updated from time to time. The Sentinella reserves the right to change this Policy at any time, and any amended Policy is effective as soon as it is uploaded to our website.
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions are provided to give all our customers full specific details of our service and commitment. Please read them carefully and let us know if you have any questions.
In this document, the following expressions have the following meanings:
“We” or “Us” means The Sentinella.
The Client means the person or company who accepts a verbal or written quotation from us for advertising, printing, online directory listing or design services.
Advertisements and Artwork:
1. We accept no responsibility for claims made by advertisers, works carried out or services provided.
2. All advertisements are accepted by us on the understanding that they are copyright free. This includes any images, logos, photos, clip art or any other content that is used in the advert. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to acquire any necessary permission for the use of any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clip art or any other content that is used in their advertisement/editorial/article/online listing or any other content.
3. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to make sure that the advertisement is correct. We hold no responsibility for any errors identified after copy approval. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to supply new artwork or advise of or request changes to artwork by the relevant copy deadline.
4. Advert copy should be submitted in hi-res PDF, JPG or TIFF file (min 300 dpi). We will not send an advert approval if the Client supplies their own artwork. No responsibility can be taken for the print quality of any advert supplied at a lower resolution.
5. If the advert copy is in MS Word/PPT/PUB/Excel format or similar, we will convert it into PDF format as supplied and insert it into our publication. We will email the Client the pdf for approval as often adverts designed in Microsoft or other software can distort/discolour. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to check the advert at this point and ensure it is correct before approving for print. Even with this approval process we cannot guarantee the advert will not distort/discolour when printed.
6. The positioning of advertisements is at the discretion of the publisher, except when a specific space has been requested and agreed.
7. We give no guarantee of the level of response to advertisements/editorial/articles, etc.
8. We shall not be liable for any costs or damages if for any reason the advertisement is not published.
Delivery and Distribution:
9. Deliveries of The Sentinella publications are carried out by our own team.
10. We place many magazines in each area in shops, salons, tourist offices, bars, coffee shops etc…This is a purely complimentary service and is not guaranteed.
Contract and Payments:
11. For regular ongoing payments, our preferred method of payment is by direct debit. You can also pay by bank transfer or credit/debit card or by PayPal.
12. For payment to be made by bank transfer please quote the following to your bank: Bank: Bankia – Account Holder: Kami Knight – IBAN: ES36 2038 3688 9160 0021 5126 SWIFT/BIC: CAHMESMMXXX
13. All bookings can either be paid in full or monthly. Payment is to be made by the 10th of the month.
14. All prices quoted are exclusive of IVA
15. Contracts can be terminated at the end of the agreed term by giving at least 20 days notice.
16. Unless otherwise stated for eg: website listing adverts, all such charges and prices quoted are exclusive of IVA.
17. We reserve the right to pass outstanding invoices to an appointed debt recovery service provider.